SQL Fundamental in SQL Server Course Outline
Module 1:- Introduction to Basic Database Concepts
In this module we learn about Basic concepts and advantages of DBMS and limitations of file management system, and also about 3 data base models
- What is Data, Field, Record and database?
- Limitations of File Management System.
- Basic Concepts of Advantages of DBMS.
- Exploring Relational DBMS
- Understanding Client and Server
Module 2: E-R Modeling and Diagram
In this module we learn about entity, attributes and relationship , identify the entities and attributes How to draw a E-R diagram and translating the E-R diagram in relation schema.
- Analyzing the Requirement
- Identify Entities and their Relationships
- Drawing E-R Diagram
- Conversion of E.R. Diagrams into Tables
Module 3: Normalization
In this module we learn about what is normalization, types of normalization, data before and after normalization, benefits of normalization.
- First Normal Form
- Second Normal Form
- Third Normal Form Practically Normalizing Tables
Module 4: Introduction to SQL Server
In this module we learn about SQL Server, history of sql server ,types of system databases, communication between frontend and backend and sql server editions.
- What is SQL Server Version history and different editions
- Basic Features Components and Tools
- Starting and Stopping SQL Server Instances / Services
- Introduction to Management Studio
- Types of System Databases in SQL
Module 5: Introduction to SQL
In this module we learn about types of sql statements, databases in sql server, how to create a database, datatypes in sql server, and about DDL Statements.
- Basics of SQL Types of SQL Statements
- DDL, DML, DQL, DCL and TCL
- Create Database using Management Studio
- Datatypes in SQL Server
- Exploring DDL Statements on Table using Management Studio
Module 6: DDL and DML Statements
In this module we learn about how to create a table,alter and drop a table ,and about DML statements, like insert update and delete statements.
- Why write statements in Frontends?
- Create, Alter and Drop Table Insert,
- Update and Delete Statement Truncate Statement
Module 7: Working with Queries (DQL)
In this module we learn about select statement, top, distinct string and arithmetic expressions, Sorting the data and about sub queries and where clause(codition).
- Understanding Select Statement
- Usage of Top, Distinct, Null etc…keywords
- Using String and Arithmetic Expressions
- Exploring Where Clause with Operators
- Using Advanced Operators
- Sorting data using Order By clause
- Working with basic of Sub Queries
Module 8: Aggregate Functions
In this module we learn about how to use aggregate functions like sum,mean,max,avg what is difference between having and where clause, group by clause rollup and cube operator.
- Using functions in Queries
- Count, Sum, Min, Max, Avg Group By and Having Clause
- Using Group By with Rollup and Cube
Module 9: Joins and Set Operations
In this module we will know about joins and types of joins how to join the tables and about Sub queries, types of operators like union ,intersect and except and how to add the tables and relationship between them.
- Introduction to Joins Cross Joins
- Inner Join
- Outer Join
- Self Join
- Co-related Sub Queries
- Set Operations using Unions, Intersect and Except
Module 10: Working with Constraints
In this module, we will learn about how to create a constraint,types of constraints,and difference between unique, not null and primary key constraints.
- Not NULL
- Primary Key
- Default Check Foreign Key
Module 11: Implementing Views
In this module, how to create a view, advantages of views, altering and dropping a view
And advanced options while creating a view.
- Introduction & Advantages of Views
- Creating, Altering, Dropping Views
- Advance Options while Creating a View
- SQL Server Catalogue Views
Module 12: Data Control language (DCL)
In this module, we will learn how to grant permission and revoking of roles.
- Creating Users & Roles
- Granting & Revoking of Roles & privileges
- Managing using Management Studio
Module 13: Working with Indexes
In this module, how to create a index, advantages and disadvantages of index, and types of index and dropping index, and also about index structure.
- Introduction Clustered and Non Clustered Index
- Creating and Dropping Indexes
Module 14: Introduction to Transact-SQL (Procedure and Functions)
In this module, what is script and what is variables and if else statements and working with temporary tables, and checking with the existence of database objects. We will also learn how to create a stored procedure and difference between stored procedure and functions, advantages of procedures and about types of parameters.
- What is T-SQL?
- Using System Functions
- Using Dynamic SQL
- Introduction to stored procedures
- Benefits of Stored Procedures
- Creating, Executing Modifying, Dropping
- Working with Temp tables
- Error Handling