This course is a common starting point in the Oracle database curriculum for administrators, developers and business users. The objective of this course is to provide an introduction to the SQL database language within the context of an Oracle database, based upon the latest features available. The primary objective of this course is to consider advanced subjects and techniques pertaining to the SQL database language, based upon the latest features available with the Oracle release. Even professionals experienced in other implementations of the industry-standard SQL language will benefit from the advanced and Oracle-specific features of SQL discussed in this course.
The target audience
for this course is all Oracle professionals, both business and systems
professionals. Among the specific groups for whom this course will be helpful
• Application designers and developers
• Database administrators
• Business users and non-technical senior end users
Course outline for SQL Fundamental
RELATIONAL DATABASES & SQL
• ABOUT RELATIONAL DATABASES • ELEMENTS OF SQL
CHOOSING A SQL & PL/SQL INTERFACE
• ABOUT DATABASE CONNECTIONS • ABOUT BIND VARIABLES • USING SQL DEVELOPER • USING SQL*PLUS • USING APPLICATION EXPRESS
BUILDING A SELECT STATEMENT
• ABOUT THE SELECT STATEMENT • USING ALIAS NAMES
RESTRICTING DATA WITH THE WHERE CLAUSE
• ABOUT LOGICAL OPERATORS • EQUALITY OPERATOR • BOOLEAN OPERATORS • NULL & BETWEEN OPERATORS • IS [NOT] NULL Operator • [NOT] BETWEEN Operator • FINDING TEXT STRINGS • [NOT] LIKE Operator • REGEXP_LIKE() • IN OPERATOR
SORTING DATA WITH THE ORDER BY CLAUSE
• ABOUT THE ORDER BY CLAUSE • MULTIPLE COLUMN SORTS • SPECIFYING THE SORT SEQUENCE • ABOUT NULL VALUES WITHIN SORTS • USING COLUMN ALIASES
PSEUDO COLUMNS & FUNCTIONS
• USING ROWID • USING ROWNUM • USING THE FUNCTIONS • SYSDATE • USER & UID • USING THE DUAL TABLE • SESSIONTIMEZONE FUNCTION
• ABOUT SUB-QUERIES • STANDARD SUB-QUERIES • CORRELATED SUB-QUERIES
AGGREGATING DATA WITHIN GROUPS
• ABOUT SUMMARY GROUPS • FINDING GROUPS WITHIN THE BASE TABLES • SELECTING DATA FROM THE BASE TABLES • SELECTING GROUPS FROM THE RESULT TABLE
USE DATA DEFINITION LANGUAGE
• CREATE TABLE STATEMENT • NOT NULL • DEFAULT • ALTER TABLE STATEMENT • DROP TABLE STATEMENT • SUPPORTIVE STATEMENTS • DESCRIBE • RENAME
USE DATA MANIPULATION LANGUAGE
• ABOUT THE INSERT STATEMENT • ABOUT THE DELETE STATEMENT • ABOUT THE UPDATE STATEMENT • ABOUT TRANSACTIONS • ROLLBACK • COMMIT • SAVEPOINT • SET TRANSACTION • TRUNCATE TABLE • COMPLEX TABLE REFERENCES
Epi Info is statistical software for epidemiology developed by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia (US).
Epi Info has been in existence for over 20 years and is currently available for Microsoft Windows, Android and iOS, along with a web and cloud version. The program allows for electronic survey creation, data entry, and analysis. Within the analysis module, analytic routines include t-tests, ANOVA, nonparametric statistics, cross tabulations and stratification with estimates of odds ratios, risk ratios, and risk differences, logistic regression (conditional and unconditional), survival analysis (Kaplan Meier and Cox proportional hazard), and analysis of complex survey data. The software is an open-source project with limited support.
An analysis conducted in 2003 documented over 1,000,000
downloads of Epi Info from 180 countries.
Course outline for Epi Info
1. Introduction to Epi Info .
Navigating Epi Info.
Opening a Dataset .
Write Your Data Table Permanently to the Database .
GNU PSPP is a program for statistical analysis of sampled
data. It is a free as in freedom replacement for the proprietary program SPSS,
and appears very similar to it with a few exceptions. Benefit of PSPP is your
copy of PSPP will not “expire”. Neither are there any artificial limits on the
number of cases or variables which you can use. PSPP is a stable and reliable
application. It can perform descriptive statistics, T-tests, anova, linear and
logistic regression, measures of association, cluster analysis, reliability and
factor analysis, non-parametric tests and more. Its backend is designed to
perform its analyses as fast as possible, regardless of the size of the input
data. You can use PSPP with its graphical interface or the more traditional
A brief list of some of the PSPP’s features follows
No license fees.
No expiration period.
Support for over 1 billion cases.
Support for over 1 billion variables.
Syntax and data files which are compatible with
those of SPSS.
A choice of terminal or graphical user
Easy data import from spreadsheets, text files
and database sources.
Fast statistical procedures, even on very large
A fully indexed user manual.
PSPP is particularly aimed at statisticians,
social scientists and students requiring fast convenient analysis of sampled